Data import allows you to upload large amounts of structured data into the EF web app from XLS, XLSX, and CSV files.
1. Getting access to the feature
Any registered user can access the Data Import section by default.
In access the section, click the Data Import icon in the upper right corner of the screen and click New Import:
2. Selecting a section to import
On the next screen, select the section where the data will be uploaded:
– Crop rotation
– Expendable materials
– Works- Warehouse
3. Importing fields
Fields are imported using KML files. Click Fields, then BROWSE FOR FILE and choose the required file.
4. Importing other sections
To import other sections, proceed as follows.
Drag the data file to be uploaded to the page that opens.
To make it easier to create the file:
1) Download a template for importing the selected section. The template is an XLS file with the required order and set of data columns that can be imported. Fill in the template with the data to be uploaded. The lines filled in the template are given for reference only and must be deleted from the prepared file;
2) Upload the prepared file in the XLS, XLSX, or CSV format.
After you upload the file, it will open in the app window.
If you uploaded a filled-in template file (option 1), all column names will be taken from the template file. If you uploaded your own file (option 2), specify the column names or check Skip for the columns you don’t want to upload. Click Import. The following window will open.
You can close it and continue using the application. This does not cancel or suspend the import.
Staying on this page will allow you to see a general report on the uploaded data once the import is complete. The report contains the following information:
1) Number of lines imported;
2) Number of duplicates (lines with the same data);
3) Number of lines that could not be imported due to errors in the file.
You can download a list of:
1) Successfully uploaded lines;
2) Duplicate lines;
3) Failed lines, including error descriptions.
To do this, click the corresponding icon.
To exit the import process, click Finish.
You can view the import report by clicking Import and selecting the desired entry from the list.
5. Cancelling an import
You can cancel an import process either during or after it. You can only do this if the imported data was never used in the application. In this case all corresponding entries will be irrevocably deleted from the application.
To cancel a data import:
1) Open the list of imports by clicking Import;
2) Select the import you want to cancel and click Delete;
3) Confirm the deletion.
If at least one entry from the imported file has already been used in the application, you will see a message that the import cannot be canceled.